Wood Kitchen Cabinets can be quite difficult to clean when they get sticky if you don’t know the right method. You don’t have to spend all your money on the best commercial products. You can easily make the perfect solution in the comfort of your own home. Take a quick look at How To Clean Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Whether you are food savvy or not, if you have ever ventured into your kitchen, you must have noticed the grease coating the surface of a wooden cabinet. Grease like this will form over time from the oil and fat that is used in cooking. The surface then becomes sticky and grimy.
Such sticky kitchen cabinets are bound to become problematic when it comes to removing grease from them. There are various methods on the internet regarding the best way to clean wood cabinets, but not all of them are as good as they claim to be.
It is not a simple concern for your physical health, as the oil, butter, and fat you cook make their stay in your dark cherry cabinets in addition to your body. Wooden cabinets are a notorious location for grime to build up slowly over time, which can ruin its surface significantly.
One simple solution to this issue would be cleaning the surface of your natural wood table every time you use the kitchen for cooking. In this case, grease would not stick to any surface, to begin
with. But that takes great discipline, and very few people would be able to get this right.
When the grease has indeed appeared, ordinary cleaning methods would no longer suffice. Cleaning grease from kitchen cabinets calls for the best grease remover, but that is not the only solution at hand. There are more effective methods available than cabinet magic .
Usually, the grease has built up at a location over several months or even years. Only drastic steps can remove grease from wood cabinets at this point. Making sure that the surface does not appear dull and dingy afterward is also quite important.
It is important to note that using the wrong solution when removing grease from kitchen cabinets could lead to more problems as the residue may not be completely cleaned. If the damage is too
considerable, the material itself may be damaged in the process.
Removing grease from wood is not a task to be taken lightly. It does not matter whether you have a wooden vanity or cabinet; the method detailed here will fit your specific needs. So, save
your time and energy with the technique of cleaning greasy kitchen cabinets detailed here.
Since you want to clean sticky wood cabinets, there is one thing you need to get aware of especially. There are two common types of wooden cabinets. The material can be solid wood, or it can be a composite of some sort, while the finish is usually painted or stained.
No matter the combination of your sticky kitchen cabinets, the prime thing to keep in mind when cleaning grease from kitchen cabinets is that you must be careful as not to ruin the surface. Whatever methods you choose should be based around this concern.
If the wrong tools are used in removing grease from wood, or if you scrub too hard, the surface may be damaged to a great extent. Especially in the case of composite cabinets, too much
moisture can significantly ruin the material. Flammable cleaning substances should also be avoided.
You should always remember that the best grease remover is never the most expensive solution at hand. So, the effects of such removes need to be compared and examined in a smaller area
first. This process will let you if your solution is useful for removing grease from kitchen cabinets.
Let’s take a look at How To Clean Wood Kitchen Cabinets.
There are a few ingredients that you need to have before you approach the solution detailed here for cleaning greasy kitchen cabinets.
• Dish soap
• Small bowl
• Baking soda
• Soft-bristled brush
Rather than relying on a chemical solution, a milder and more natural solution can remove grease from wood cabinets without any negative results. The best way to clean wood cabinets is detailed
in the steps below.
1. Take approximately 2 cups of warm water and add dish soap, but only a few drops. Mix it well.
2. Soak a scrubber in the mixture and gently wipe the grease to get rid of the surface dirt. Clean as much of your sticky kitchen cabinets as possible in this manner without adding extra pressure.
3. Use clean water to soak the scrubber. Thoroughly rinse the surface in all areas that have the grease.
4. Dip the scrubber in vinegar, but do not keep it soaking. With it simply damp, lightly rub the greasy surface. Using vinegar is by far the best way to clean wood cabinets.
5. Remove the vinegar from the surface by rinsing it with water.
6. Combine baking soda with water in equal amount and attempt to make it into a paste. Add more baking soda if it is required. This mixture can be used for cleaning grease from kitchen cabinets that are left after using vinegar.
7. Be generous when applying the paste to the greasy surface. There is no need to hold back. Instead, the surface needs to be fully covered with the paste.8. After the paste dries, scrub it off with a water-dampened brush with soft bristles.
9. Use clean water to completely rinse the surface so that no trace of the paste remains.
10. Repeat the process with the paste if any grease still remains.
This DIY solution to cleaning sticky kitchen cabinets can greatly ease your troubles with grease forming in your wooden cabinet. However, it is better to not let such grease form anymore in the
future. With the help of regular cleaning, you can prevent the formation of grease in your kitchen cabinets.